Friday, September 5, 2008

'Tis Been A While

I am fully aware that I have not blogged since August 11. So now I am bloging, to let ya'll in on some stuff that has happened.

So as of Wednesday this week, I am officially a Junior at OCHS! And I'm pretty excited for this year. My classes this trimester include Master Choir, Culinary Arts, Honors Advanced Cell Biology, Health 2, and Honors American Literature. Then, next trimester I will have Master Choir (again), Honors Advanced Genetics Biology (the second part of the cell bio), Honors Government and Politics, Introduction to Dace (instead of a PE class), and Honors Pre Calculus. And then third trimester I will have Master Choir, Honors Pre Calculus, Event Planning, Honors American Literature, and Honors Economics. So a pretty full load this year, but evenly spread out. So that is good. And I am way looking foraward to this year! =D

In other news, we are officaially moving. Yes, again!! The good news is that this house will be the last one we move to. And I know that we all have heard that before, but I'm pretty sure that this time it's for real. We are going to be leasing it until we buy it. So that's pretty set in stone.
Anyway, the house is in Oregon City, so I don't have to change schools! And neither does Michael! =D The only one who has to change schools is Kayte, and she will just have to deal. Because once she is in seventh grade, she will be in the same school as all of her friends right now. Plus, she has a super bubbly personality and can make friends so easily. So don't let her make you think that she won't be able to handle one more move!

And then, something I'm not sure all of you know yet. But something that is happening just for me is that on October 13, I am taking the red eye to Washington D.C.! I'm going there for the National Young Leaders Conference (NYLC) held by the Congressional Youth Leadership Counsel (CYLC).
"
The National Young Leaders Conference (NYLC) gives high-achieving sophomores, juniors and seniors a greater understanding of their roles in democracy and the responsibilities of leadership. As these students meet with the men and women who shape laws and policies, they gain an inside perspective on key issues. Through interaction with Cabinet secretaries, members of Congress, diplomats, lobbyists, journalists and academicians, NYLC scholars receive direct experience and guidance that cannot be found in textbooks.
Each session of the National Young Leaders Conference is designed to educate, inspire and motivate students by giving them the confidence and leadership skills that will take them into the future.
The NYLC curriculum was developed by Dr. Marguerite C. Regan, a former high school teacher and social science department chairperson with a doctorate in political science from Purdue University. Dr. Regan has been involved in the creation and development of innovative educational curricula and programs for over 30 years. Under Dr. Regan's direction, the curriculum provides a unique approach to leadership training." (http://www.cylc.org/NYLC/NYLC_about.cfm)

Okay.. Well dinner is ready. So I'll be back later, maybe. But that's what's going on so far! =D

Until next time ♥

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your music!!!!!!!!!!!!!